10 Exercises and Stretches to Keep Fit Essay
10 Exercises and Stretches to Keep Fit, 482 words essay example
1. Stand in the pool with your head above the water and start bobbing. Repeat this breathing exercise five times to encourage the oxygen flow through your body.
2. Swim at a low depth to maintaining intensity for 5-10 minutes. Do swimming strokes that similar to you. Maintain a comfortable pace that allows your heart rate to gradually return to normal.
3. Grab a kickboard and do two laps with flutter kick on your stomach or back, breaststroke kick or dolphin kick.
4. When you get out of the pool do some stretching for about 10 minutes while your muscles are still warm. Do a standing calf stretch which you must stand upright about two feet from a wall. Extend your arms in front of you, place your hands on the wall and step forward with your left leg. Bend your left knee and keep your right knee straight. Lean slightly forward and put weight into your left foot. The stretch must be hold for 30 seconds before switching another side.
5. At the front of your upper legs stretch your quadriceps. By standing upright with your feet hip-width apart and bend your right knee and then lift your right foot up toward your buttocks. Grasp the ankle of your right foot and pull it gradually closer to your body to emphasize the stretch. Hold onto a chair with your left hand for balance if you need it. The stretch must hold for 30 seconds before switching another side.
6. The important part of the warm up is stretches your hamstring. Put one foot on the wall and the other at the bottom and straighten both knees and must hold again for about 30 seconds before you change the position of legs.
7. Include a triceps stretch into your cool-down routine. By standing upright with your feet hip-width apart, extend your right arm overhead and bend it at the elbow so your right hand falls behind your upper back. Bring your left hand overhead and grasp your right elbow. Your right elbow must gently pull back for a deeper stretch. This position must be hold for 30 seconds before switching another arm.
8. Do a lower back stretch with do some simple back stretching along with shoulder and arms stretch. This stretch must hold for 30 seconds before lifting your knees back up and dropping them to the right side of your body.
9. Stretch the sides of your neck. Stand upright and bring your left ear as close as you can to your left shoulder so you feel the stretch in the right side of your neck. Keep your shoulders down when do this stretch. It must hold for 10 seconds before switching another side.
10. Do a gentle streamline stretch on deck. Streamline means you extend your arms straight above your head, elbows pressed against your ears. Cross your elbows behind your head and then rotate at the waist to the left and then to the right.